This updated article from the Federal, State and Local Government office of the IRS will help you understand the reporting and withholding requirements for election workers.
When UberConference came out in 2012, PC World called it the "best conference-call manager yet." The service has only improved since then, making ease of use its calling card and adding significantly more services for the same low price (free). UberConference can be accessed from a personal computer or by using its Android and Apple compatible apps. Readers may sign up using Google, LinkedIn, or email accounts. From there, the one minute tutorial tells users everything they need to know about, inviting conference call participants, scheduling calls, and how to use the service during a call.
Written comments on the draft general permit will be accepted until close of business on May 20, 2016. View the April 20 Environmental Notice Bulletin for instructions on how to comment.
DEC is implementing a new approach to addressing the water quality issues in identified lakes, rivers and streams on the Section 303(d) List of Impaired Waters. This new approach is described in a document just posted to DEC's website entitled, the Vision Approach to Implement Clean Water Act 303(d) Program and Clean Water Planning (PDF, 832 KB). This document describes New York's adaptive strategy to prioritize waterbodies for the development of clean water plans based on the state's identified priority concerns: nutrients, pathogens and public use. For more information about clean water plans, visit DEC's Clean Water Plans webpage.
A column about wastewater infrastructure funding written by DEC Deputy Commissioner for Water Resources James Tierney is now available on the Columns by DEC Staff Appearing in Clearwaters webpage. The column discusses several state and federal wastewater infrastructure funding opportunities. This column was originally published in this spring's issue of Clearwaters magazine.
When: May 12, 2016; 2 p.m. (Eastern)
How: Register for this event. You will use the same link to attend the event.
Why this matters
How to recognize Control Factors
Benefits of Voluntary Compliance
How the Form SS-8 can help
The federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will conduct a nationwide prescription drug collection on Saturday, April 30, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Properly disposing of drugs keeps them out of our lakes, streams and rivers. Collections will be held at many locations around New York and are the best way to dispose of unused and unwanted prescription drugs. Collection locations in New York can be found on DEA's National Take Back Initiative webpage.
For law enforcement agencies that wish to host a collection site please call the POC in your area.
Download posters, handouts and other materials to promote National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- 2 days ago
Of course, that gap in the Court's analysis is a perfect example of the difficulties courts encounter when attempting to specify, limit, and define ever-changing concepts such as "social media" and "sites." Because these concepts are constantly evolving, courts would be wise to draft broad, elastic definitions in their decisions that will withstand the test of time, lest their conclusions be rendered outdated as soon as the ink dries.
I am pleased to share with you the Criteria and Procedures for Determining Assigned Counsel Eligibility. They are the product of public hearings and surveys we conducted, in which many of you participated. These Criteria and Procedures are an important step toward the goal of having a uniform and legally acceptable eligibility standard in New York for people who are entitled by law to the assistance of counsel but "who are financially unable to obtain counsel." County Law § 722. They are issued in accordance with Section VI of the Stipulation and Order of Settlement in Hurrell-Harring v. The State of New York and the authority granted to ILS under Executive Law § 832(3)(c). Their effective date is October 3, 2016. During this six-month period, judges and eligibility screeners will receive training in their implementation.
I would like to emphasize a few points about these Criteria and Procedures:
· Both the statute and the settlement order state that the Criteria and Procedures are intended "to guide courts...in determining whether a person is eligible for" publicly funded representation.
· The Criteria and Procedures do not require any change in current practice whereby some judges determine eligibility directly, while others delegate eligibility recommendation responsibility to a screening entity.
· The Criteria and Procedures respond to decades of criticism of New York's failure to have a consistent set of criteria and procedures for determining eligibility for assigned counsel. In particular, they address the 2006 Kaye Commission critique that "guidelines for the appointment of counsel exist only in a few counties and that even in those counties, the guidelines were not uniformly applied." Therefore, "a defendant may be deemed eligible for the appointment of counsel in one county and ineligible in a neighboring county or even in a different court within the same county."
· The process that we used to develop these Criteria and Procedures is explained at pp. 6-10. I emphasize here that an important resource discovered at one of our eight public hearings was the 1977 Memorandum by the then-Director of the Third Judicial Department, Richard J. Comiskey, prepared at the direction of then-Presiding Justice Koreman and entitled "Assignment of Attorneys to Represent Individuals who are Financially Unable to Obtain Counsel." Our Criteria and Procedures build upon that early effort, which may be found at https://www.ils.ny.gov/files/Hurrell-Harring/Eligibility/Written%20Submissions/6th%20JD/Murphy/1977%20Third%20Department%20Memo.pdf.
· We have heard and we respect the concerns that the implementation of these Criteria and Procedures may, in some localities, increase the number of persons who are eligible for the appointment of counsel. The data collection procedures described at pp. 50-51 are designed to measure that potential fiscal impact. Even in advance of implementation, during this six-month period of preparation, we will attempt to estimate the potential fiscal impact in particular localities; and we will seek additional state funding to pay for any increase in local costs which is attributable to their implementation.
· A comprehensive study that we undertook to inform our establishment of these Criteria and Procedures is available for review on our website, https://www.ils.ny.gov. That report is entitledDetermining Eligibility for Assignment of Counsel in New York: A Study of Current Criteria and Procedures and Recommendations for Improvement (Final Report: February 12, 2016). The Criteria and Procedures themselves are also accessible on our website.
· As explained at page six, second paragraph, these Criteria and Procedures apply to criminal court proceedings in the counties outside of New York City. However, we hope that they will provide guidance also to judges making eligibility determinations in criminal cases in New York City, and to Family Court judges statewide.
Thank you all for your efforts to improve the quality of legally mandated representation in New York.
William J. Leahy
NYS Office of Indigent Legal Services
80 S. Swan Street
Albany, NY 12210
Editor's NOTE: Forms are included in the appendices to the document.
This page has been established for the purpose of posting for public review all comments submitted in connection with the proposed implementation of new mandatory e-filing programs, and for posting of public comments submitted by persons affected by any existing e-filing programs or by recommendations for further legislation relating to e-filing.
Please email comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Christina Warren-Mashable.com
But are these really the best apps you can use for those purposes? In a lot of cases, absolutely not.
Although Apple won't let you change app defaults, there are alternatives for almost every app Apple pre-installs on iOS. We scoured through the App Store for the best alternatives for Apple's stock apps.