Henney Kilowatt (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
In 1959, the Henney Motor Company factory in Canastota was contracted to work on an electric car project with the National Union Electric Corporation, the Eureka Williams Corporation, the Exide Battery Corporation and a number of utility companies.
The car, which was called the Henney Kilowatt, would be produced by a combination of the companies and be used by utility companies to show the viability of the electric car. The company chose to use a Renault Dauphine chassis, which was supplied without a drive train. The Canastota facility then assembled the vehicle; batteries were supplied by the Eureka Williams Company.