Save the Date!!!
Young Lawyers Section Fall Meeting
Friday, October 24-Saturday October 25, 2008
The Bar Center
Come join your friends and colleagues for the 2008 Fall Meeting of the Young Lawyers Section in Albany, NY at the Bar Center of the New York State Bar Association. The program, Everything Law School Forgot to Teach You!, will be held Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25, 2008.
MCLE topics will include:
- E-Filing and the Internet
- “He Said – She Said,” Domestic Violence Courts and Orders of Protection
- Basics of Land Use Planning and Zoning
- Commencing a Family Court Action
- Starting Your Own Private Practice
- Risk Management for the Private Practitioner
- Balancing Life in the Practice of Law
- How to Conduct a Successful Interview of a Prospective New Client
- Is This Thing On? Talking to the Press – On and Off the Record
- Marketing Yourself Within and Without the Firm
- “Ch-Ching” - Settlement Negotiations in the P.I. Case
- How to Handle Traffic Tickets and DWI Cases
Earn your valuable MCLE credits during the day and network with members of your section at a Friday night reception at the Bar Center followed by dinner at the legendary Albany restaurant, Jack’s Oyster House. Saturday night, join your colleagues for a dinner you won’t forget in the Adirondack Hall of the New York State Museum.
Watch for registration and program materials in the coming months. For more information, feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.